Us

Us

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Molly


So, a few weeks ago I was home waiting for Brady to get back from Michigan- May21 to be exact. I had the windows open and I heard the kids across the street yelling for their Mom to come outside. So me being the nosey one that I'am, looked out and saw them playing with a kitten. It would run after the boys and then lay down and the played for awhile. Knowing they have 2 dogs, I wondered what they would do with the kitty. So I opened the front door and stepped out. Immediately the kitty looks across the street at me and starts to run to me. So I run across to meet it. It was so cute and purring like crazy-looked so healthy and had a beautiful coat. The Mom says "I dont know what to do with this little thing, we have 2 dogs and cant take it". I say- "well I have a cat carrier I can put it in and then call the Human Society to see if
anyone has reported it missing or I can take it there". Well, Moe was none to happy to see her Mama carrying a kitty into our house. So I put Moe in the bedroom and let the kitty have some food. I call Brady and say "Hi honey, um, we have a kitten in the house". He says "what?", "Yeah a kitten- its eatting right now. What should I do with it?". B- "well how is Moe?" M- "shes in the bedroom, this kitten is soooo cute honey, can we keep it?" B- "um, sure if thats what you want". So I decide to put the kitten in the carrier and let Moe out. Hissing, growling, more hissing, puffing. Not a good situation. Moe is not a happy camper. I cry. I call B back and say "I think I'll take it to the Human Society, not to mention we leave for vacation in 4 days". So, in the car we go. The kitten is crying and meowing at me-it gives me puppy dog eyes. I cry. I call B again. M-"I cant do this, I cant take this kitten there and let it sit in a cage and not know what will happen to it." B- "do whatever you need to do, I'll help you with whatever you decide". So I drive right to the vet. Crying my eyes out there. I find out "its" a girl, she's about 5 months old. I get her shots, a few treatments and head home, to Moe. The first day was kinda hellish, Moe is not happy but very interested. We decide to name her Molly. (This was our girl name if we were to ever have kids). We were able to schedule her de-claw and spaying over our vacation- what a relief knowing the two wouldn't be home together unsupervised. They are now best of buddy's, and we are so happy to have our Molly Malone. She is a lover! Loves to be held, rub, scratched, any attention and shes happy. So we are now a family of 4.




No comments:

Post a Comment